Firstly, we owe you an apology for being so quiet over the last 2 months.
We have been busy with some very exciting changes, a pile of new projects and staying out of trouble.
There has been little rest for the wicked…
What we have been so busy with:
1. A partnership has been formed between Andrea and Megan and we were kept busy formalising that
2. We had a brilliant launch to celebrate our new partnership and our lovely store
3. We have just completed a collection of studio projects and are busy working on another 16 interiors
4. The store has taken off so we have been very sourcing, scheming and designing beautiful new products and furniture
5. We are working on some ‘secret’ (soon to be released) non-interior, non-store projects
6. We have launched an online store, re-designed our website, opened an instagram account and tapped into all sorts of social media
7. We’ve started designing brilliant new packaging for the store
8. We’ve been building relationships with new design friends in Paris and Denmark
9. We have accumulated a menagerie of interns – who we have been training, and we’ll introduce to you along the way
10. And then there is our general nonsense which we always make time for
We will share details on the above soon so keep checking in for updates on whats been keeping us so busy.
For the last few months we have been busy with a wonderful interior for a fun JHB based office called Clear Water. Our client is a very tasteful man with the most amazing South African art collection (I can not deny my jealousy here), both of these factors make our job very easy.
As you will see in the photos below we have had some interesting moments with his furniture. Of course his staff are a very talent bunch and decorate the space with scribbles as we go along… We are busy with a lot of installations and deliveries at the moment so will post more photos soon.
The DW Sofa was originaly designed for Mr DW’s house – here.
We were commissioned to design the Business Day Wanted stand at the 2012 Joburg Art Fair – and with a couple of tweaks and fixes, we were finalised the format of the Sofa.
The gist of it is : choose your shape, made up of any combination (or hybrid) of these parts, and we will make it for you.
For sizes and specs – have a look at our website
Anisa from Loin Cloth and Ashes sent us some tickets to her show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week – sorry this is a bit late!
These crappy-blurry-i-was-too-excited-phone-photos do not do the show any justice – a sea of gorgeous amazons storming towards the end of the runway… in the coolest african prints, metallics and… white? An utter delight of the senses.
Can’t wait for some of these items to be in her store… The perfect christmas gift for my sisters.
I just realised that i haven’t posted anything about this awesome job yet…
(that’s what happens when you get lost in work)
This is House Mr DS – it has been such a pleasure to work for this absolute gentleman.
We started with some references and sketches –
which was then built off site, while the existing study was stripped :
More in the next post!